Thursday, June 14, 2012

How to Not Care What Other People Think

I wrestled with this problem before, so I found this link very fruitful.  I took personality tests before and scored INTP--so the human interaction stuff has always been a struggle for me--until I started following this advice.  When I stopped caring about what other people thought and just did I wanted to do, I saw instantaneous improvement.  So this is why I am recommending this link:  How to Not Care What Other People Think.

 Here are some of my favorite quotes from this link:

The biggest roadblock that is holding most of us back from living exactly the life we want is entirely self-created:  It's that we actually care what other people think.
Caring what other people think will ensure you live a small life.  The biggest risk we can take is to not risk being who we really are.  No matter what you do, you will polarize people, so you might as well be yourself.  You owe it to the world to be authentic.
To experience rejection on a massive scale, go out into the world and talk to everyone.  Don't go with the intention of getting anything, just do it to prove to yourself that rejection is no big deal.
The only person you need validation from is yourself.
The most adrenaline-pumping risk you can take in life is to be yourself. 
Imagine what your life would be like if you just did what you wanted to do.
What matters most is your energy.  Not entertainment monkey gymnastic energy, but the awe-inspiring courage you have to go for exactly what you want and make yourself vulnerable.
Do you need a relationship to feel "complete" or do you blaze your own trail and let others come along for the ride?







No comments:

Post a Comment